Monday 22 December 2008

Bums on seats part two

This morning I took Althea to the used office furniture shop round the corner in Brockley. The two guys who run the shop were clearly charmed by her as was an old chap who crossed the street to come and talk to us. I doubt I will ever get tired of how much pleasure she brings to people.

My idea was to buy an office chair and take the seat part off to use on its own as the driver's seat. I looked at a couple of cloth and plastic ones which were pretty ugly. I spotted a couple of leather look ones but the guys said they were too expensive at £40. Once I'd explained what I was going to do one of them led me into the back room and pointed out a black fake leather chair with bits missing and a damaged back but the seat was perfect. They let me have it for £10, wished me merry Christmas and loaded it into the back.

It took about 20 minutes to unscrew the seat and mount it in position. Not only does it look great but it's the perfect height too. It also allows the battery compartment lid to open fully now too. Getting in and out is not as hard as before but still a bit tricky.

I received some of the chargers and connectors I have been waiting for today so now I have a much neater solution to my sat nav and GPS problems too.

No comments: