Monday 16 June 2008

There's good news and there's bad news.

I spent half an hour in the garage this morning tidying up and sorting out all the camping supplies that will be living in the ambulance when she comes. When I got back to the flat there was a rash of messages on my phone. Firstly from Shaye saying that the mechanic I was expecting (see previous posting "Saved") was being horrible and that he'd refused to come and pick up the ambulance which is now blocking her neighbour's access.

I spoke to the Van Engine Man and sure enough his initial confidence had turned into complete failure to locate any parts at all. He had known this for some time and not contacted me at all. He also was increasingly rude to me too.

That's the bad news. The good news is that I called a number Shaye gave me for someone who had tried to buy the ambulance and had let her know they had a couple of engines that would fit her. I eventually ended up talking to a bloke who does indeed have two engines for her. But also will be able to install one of them and has a mate who will be able to tow her up the narrow alley where she currently sits. And all this for a fraction of previous quotes. AND he sounds like a lovely chap.

No comments: