Saturday 28 June 2008

The Lilac Fur Band is born


For a while now I've been talking about lining the inside of Althea with purple fur. I could only find lilac fur so I bought some to see what it might look like. Then I started thinking about the red fur covered amplifiers that Murph and the Magictones had in The Blues Brothers.

My friend Plum and I have been talking about getting together to play some weird music and last night he in his random precision genius way came up with "The Lilac Fur Band"

So this morning I drove to Ladbroke Grove and collected a rather shabby pair of Alesis Monitor Two's I bought on eBay and have just finished covering one of them in lilac fur.

I thought I'd take the photo now so you can sea the before and after. Note the floppy ears :)

I'm trying not to think about how long it will take to get all those fibres off the carpet.


No comments: