Friday 6 June 2008

"It's like a disease"

This morning I have spoken to a few mechanics and I think I have found the right one. Firstly I was quoted £500 just to have it towed to London. Another guy said he wouldn't do it then said he would and I could hear the pound signs rolling round in his eyes. Then eventually I found a bloke who specializes in restoring BMC vehicles. I was impressed at his reluctancy to give time and price estimates but what clinched it was his enthusiasm and the way he went straight to google to find the adverts for it. When I told him how I had bought it without even seeing it in the flesh he said, " I know, it's like a disease."

He understands me and my ambulance.

I am now resigned to the certainty that what I was hoping wouldn't be true, will in fact be inevitable. This project is going to cost between £1500 and £2000 just to get it on the road and short of a miracle there's very little chance of it being ready in time for Glastonwick.

The good news is that I have found a powered mixer which I can have very cheap which will be perfect for the psychedelic mobile disco part of the project.

No comments: